Thursday, July 15, 2010

the people you hate the most always end up being right

I was told once to guard my heart. To not let anyone in. Be a bitch he said. Play games and fuck with people's heads. I should have listened because here I sit alone and afraid. There was a time that I thought I would never be happy again. I thought my world had collapsed and I would never really love again. Food tasted horrible, music sounded dull, and colors were only in black and white. I finally got past that and found a great life. I had an amazing time....friends, parties, and a promising relationship. I lost it all in the same moment. Now I don't have shit but a broken heart. So thanks, asshole, if only I would have taken your advice.

1 comment:

  1. hopefully you don't feel this way anymore... you SHOULD hate the person that gave you that advice, because people that don't trust anybody or anything end up losing so so much more than those who trust naively and freely. People that don't trust become those that are not trustworthy. Whoever told you that has a pretty messed up way of looking at things, because they must have been hurt and decided that the only options in life are to hurt or be hurt. They were absolutely wrong.

    Its a lot easier to decide "fuck it all" and fuck others over to save yourself, but it's a pretty selfish way to live. Those who can genuinely take a look at the times that they have been hurt and learn from them in a positive way always come out the best.

    Besides... if you can't let yourself trust ever again, who knows what you are not only inviting into your life (negativity) but what you are missing out on (positivity)?

    I am not sure who the hell said this, but it's one of the truest things I've ever heard (if not the corniest):

    It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

    Maybe the same person also said this? ;)

    Sing like nobody's listening, dance like nobody is watching, and love like you'll never be hurt.


    just my 2 cents... besides, you know all this shit anyway. And sorry for commenting on an entry from like.... 12 years before we ever met! <3

    ReplyDelete