Thursday, October 11, 2012

It was a Romeo and Juliet story from the start....everyone around me said stay away from him but my heart said I will never leave him.  It was an instant indescribable connection.  But.there was deep pain in his eyes...I recognized it because that same pain was in mine.  We laughed, we loved, we fought, we cried.  We were the best of friends and the best of lovers.  But his heart had also fallen in love with something else.....heroin.  The love we had stayed but then came the hate.  He lied, he stole, he manipulated.  I watched the man of my dreams, my soulmate deteriorate right before my eyes.  As the days came and went my anger towards that drug grew stronger and stronger.  There was always hope though.  Through it all he never stopped loving me.  He wanted help but had nowhere to turn.  And where do addicts end up?  In jail or dead. This horrific disease gave him both.  It tore me up inside to give him tough love and let him sit in jail but I knew it was his only shot at getting better.  Then came miracle, the judge was sending him to rehab.  I couldn't wait for our lives to get better.  To grow old together and raise a family.  I.wanted my Nicolas back and I was about to get him.  He was released from jail 4 days before he was supposed to check in at a recovery center.  The second day he was out was a day I will remember for the rest of my life.  It was the day heroin took my one and only love and ripped him away from me. All that praying, all that begging, all that trying and preaching and meetings meant nothing now.  They found him on the side of the street in my car.  He was in there for over 12 hours dead.  His "friends" disposed of him like a piece of trash.  Not a day goes by that I don't do my best to make a difference in this world and try to educate people of the pain that drug causes to not only the user but the ones that love them.  And I want to sincerely, from the little bit of heart that I have left say thank you for everything you do to help people.

No comments:

Post a Comment