Friday, April 12, 2013

a product of my life

I did not arise in oppression.  I am not a product of times of war, depression, economical distress, and unfair boundaries to our lifestyle.  My time is not one where blacks and whites are not allowed to take a piss in the same toilet.  My time is not one where females are made into housewives with no rights to work or vote.  We don't tuck our children into bed worrying about things like "polio" and "flu".  As a child I did not cry myself to sleep over hunger or terror. Gay?  That word meant one thing and one thing only,  unbiblical and evil.  I am not of a time where only rich people have a car.  I am, instead, a product of my life.  One where we all use the same restroom, where men and women are equal.  The flu doesn't kill our children....guns kill them.  Gay marriage is a controversy of the past.  Hell, even the poor man has a car nowadays.  My point is one that is very clear and prescise yet draws its heart from a passion that will reign above anything passion could reign from and that my friends is a passion drove from a struggle.  The struggle of this generation is video games,  technology, and fast food.  A time where people care more about materials than meaning.  I may be from this lazy horrible time.  But I still have a fight.  A fight that burns within me because I, will fight for what I believe in, till the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment